WHO WE ARE:
M2: The Institute for Experiential Jewish Education’s mission is promoting a proud and
inspired community of Jewish educators who possess the personal and professional capacities to help learners find meaning and relevance in Jewish life. We run a broad range of training programs for educators and educational consulting services for organizations.
The educators and clients we support are primarily in North America, though M2 has a growing presence in Israel and Europe. With offices in New York and Israel, we are a nimble, cutting edge and incredibly warm team that is guided by our five organizational values: generosity, humility, rigor, innovation, and integrity.
M2: The Institute for Experiential Jewish Education is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Director of Finance and Administration. The position provides overall leadership and accountability for, and maintenance of financial, legal and administrative systems of our Israeli חל”צ and our US 501(c)3.
This position is perfect for you if you are a self-starter and independent operator who enjoys working in a rigorous, creative, and fast-paced environment. We expect you to be a systems thinker and builder; knowledgeable about and experienced with all things finance; and feel comfortable about integrating technologies across the organization.
Financial Oversight & Management (50%)
• Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring, including development and implementation of sound fiscal management practices and internal controls.
• Lead annual budget development process and evaluate the financial performance of the organization against operational goals and forecasts, providing recommendations to short and long-term growth plans
• Manage and oversee all accounting processes, in Israel and the US, including bookkeeping, payroll management, invoicing, and financial tracking of restricted grants.
Compliance & Legal (25%)
• Monitor and update the accounting policies and procedures to ensure high-quality internal controls and compliance with Israeli Tax Authority, IRS and GAAP standards.
• Oversee risk management and legal activities, including insurance and contracts.
Systems Administration (25%)
• Develop, manage and track organizational needs for computer hardware and software, procuring new equipment and systems as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• At least five years of experience in a finance management position, preferably in a US based nonprofit organization.
• A strong understanding of GAAP and a mastery of nonprofit accounting protocols and regulations for a 501(c)3 in the US and for a חל”צ in Israel.
• Hands-on experience with accounting and financial software, specifically QuickBooks and Excel.
• Proven track record of leading effective annual budgeting processes and creating monitoring systems to ensure the financial health of the organization.
• CPA – preferred
• US citizens or holders of an American Social Security number – preferred
WHAT M2 OFFERS:
• Salary range of 17,000-21,000 ILS/ month, commensurate with experience and qualifications
• Strong benefits package including generous paid time off policy, plus Jewish and nationally observed holidays
• An atmosphere that is guided by values, integrity, and passion
This job is in based Jerusalem, Israel. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Avraham@eisena.com
Only applications in English will be considered and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
M2 is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills.