WHO WE ARE:
M2: The Institute for Experiential Jewish Education’s mission is promoting a proud and
inspired community of Jewish educators who possess the personal and professional capacities to help learners find meaning and relevance in Jewish life. We run a broad range of training programs for educators and educational consulting services for organizations.
The educators and clients we support are primarily in North America, though M2 has a growing presence in Israel and Europe. With offices in New York and Israel, we are a nimble, cutting edge and incredibly warm team that is guided by our five organizational values: generosity, humility, rigor, innovation, and integrity.
M² seeks to learn, grow, share, and make change in the field of experiential Jewish education. To help drive our growth, realize our mission, and manage our expansion, we are hiring a Program Coordinator.
Reporting to the Senior Program Director – Cohorts and Fellowships, the Program Coordinator is a Brooklyn-based, decentralized position located within the program team. This person will work closely with all members of the program team to support the development and execution of programs and activities, which consist of in-person cohort experiences like the Senior Educators Cohort and virtual research fellowships like the Jewish Pedagogies Circle. They will also play a key role in supporting members of the program team with administrative and strategic tasks.
This role is perfect for a proactive person who thrives in a high-growth, creative and fast-paced environment; is detail oriented and organized; and interacts easily with people from diverse backgrounds.
Support Program Team (40%)
- Support members of the Program Department team with daily duties across a variety of administrative and strategic tasks. These include:
- Thoughtfully manage active calendars of appointments, programs and events andensure follow up for the Program Team’s responsibilities and deadlines
- Compile and prepare documents and format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes for meetings
- Complete expense reports
Program Administration and Logistics (50%)
- Manage an effective registration, application, interview and selection process
- Oversee and track welcoming admission and onboarding processes for new participants
- Expertly plan and coordinate program logistics, and manage relationships with vendors to ensure that travel, accommodation and catering are planned seamlessly
- Work with venue and accommodation vendors to create a well-functioning, creative and immersive experiences
- Order, compile, prepare and ship all resources and materials for gatherings and in-person seminars
- Work with print vendors to ensure that branded materials are printed to the highest quality
- Serve as the primary communicator between M² and participants regarding programmatic, operational, and administrative needs
- Serve as tech support for up to two ongoing online research fellowships per year
- Staff up to six multi-day seminars per year to ensure that the logistics are flawless, the vendors are orchestrated and that the experience is welcoming
New York Office (10%)
- Manage inventory of all materials and supplies in the New York office and perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Serve as the front facing person for the New York office; provide hospitality to all guests and help create a welcoming environment
- Be the point person between M2 and the management of the New York office space (currently the Bond Collective) for all office-related issues
- Take ownership over New York team events: staff birthdays, lunches, outings, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or Associates degree required.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment, or extensive leadership in college extracurricular activities.
- Comfortable managing small to large scale events and work easily with service providers and vendors. Your attention to detail doesn’t inhibit your appreciation for imagination and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while consistently meeting deadlines, and to complete projects with exceptional attention to detail and efficiency.
- Flexibility to work early morning hours to facilitate communication and collaboration with our Israel office.
- A positive attitude and team spirit with excellent communication skills. You are action-oriented and flexible with the ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues and volunteer leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Jewish non-profit ecosystem.
- Proficient in multiple software platforms, including MS Office, Apple hardware and software, and basic design software.
WHAT M² OFFERS:
- Salary range between $50-$55k annually, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, FSA, three months of parental leave, generous paid time off, plus Jewish and nationally observed holidays.
- A culture guided by values, integrity and passion: A team seeking to learn, grow, share and effect real change: & An atmosphere that’s nimble, cutting edge and warm.
This is a full time, exempt position. For consideration, please click here to submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations.
M2 is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or
sexual orientation. We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of
backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills.