JOB DESCRIPTION: Financial Administrator & Bookkeeper – Parttime, remote position
M2: The Institute for Experiential Jewish Education is seeking an experienced, self-motivated financial administrator with bookkeeping qualifications.The financial administrator / bookkeeper will provide overall support for financial operations and projects for both our Nonprofit organizations – Israeli חל”צ and US 501(c)3.
- Assist the VP of Finance and Administration in bookkeeping, financial management, invoicing and reporting processes.
- Provide support for various financial operations and projects, for both the US based entity and the Israel based entity
- Manage relationships with key external vendors, including outsourced accounting/CFO firm and outsourced bookkeeping firms in Israel and the US
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
As a prerequisite, the candidate must believe in the values of M2 and be driven by its mission.
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial software, specifically Hashavshevet. Experience with Quickbooks is a plus.
- Proven, hands on, bookkeeping experience, in Israel
- Bookkeeping experience in the US and / or bookkeeping experience in nonprofits a plus
- High level of proficiency in English a MUST (verbal and written) , all work is in English
- Proficiency in MS Office and Mac
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy, attention to detail and efficiency, against effective deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal / collaborative skills.Must be a team player and work effectively with others to achieve outcomes and solve problems.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, executing multiple tasks, and achieving objectives.
WHAT M2 OFFERS:
- Part time (50%), remote position, (periodically required to come into the office in Jerusalem)
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off policy, plus Jewish and nationally observed holidays
- A team of professionals seeking to learn, grow, share and make an impact together
This job is a part-time remote position, which may require coming in to the office in Jerusalem periodically. For consideration, please submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
M2: The Institute for Experiential Jewish Education helps educators and organizations design meaningful educational experiences. Our mission is to promote a proud and inspired community of Jewish educators who possess the personal and professional capacities to help learners find meaning and relevance in Jewish life.
M2 is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.